Introducing the people behind the National Zakat Foundation.
Since 2011, the National Zakat Foundation (NZF) has helped over 10,000 people in the UK by distributing over £10 million.
In 2018 alone, we supported over 2,500 people, as well as investing in 30 emerging leaders and 16 vital UK projects and institutions by distributing £3.4 million of Zakat.
We act as a safety net for Muslims in need
Through our Economic Empowerment Programme:
- We free people in need from their immediate financial issues
- We help with basic essentials such as food, shelter, clothing and travel costs
- We offer dedicated support so individuals feel more confident about their financial circumstances in the future
- We help individuals connect with their community and strengthen their faith
We’re unlocking the potential of our leaders and institutions
Through our Leadership Investment Programme:
- We help prominent leaders, organisations and scholars reach more people, more effectively
- We give individuals the opportunity to develop skills they can use for the benefit of Islam & Muslims in the UK
- We publicly promote the praiseworthy work of Muslim leaders and organisations
Want to know more? Search our FAQ’s.