In the event that you feel that we are not meeting the standards set by our fundraising promise, we are happy to acknowledge the mistakes that we have made,
sincerely apologise for them, deal with the situation as quickly as possible and put measures in place to stop them happening again.
We take complaints very seriously and we treat them as an opportunity to develop. We are always very grateful to hear from people who are willing to take the time to help us improve and always thank people who contact us about their problems or concerns.
How to contact us:
- You can call us on 03333 123 123. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm. Outside of these hours you can always leave us a message and a contact number and someone will return your call before the end of the next working day.
- You can email us at email@example.com
- Or you can write to us at:
National Zakat Foundation
41 Fieldgate Street
Please include your name, address and contact telephone number in your email or letter so that we can get back in touch with you easily.
We aim to respond fully to all complaints within ten working days. However, you will receive an acknowledgement of your complaint within the first 5 days of
receipt. Wherever possible we will deal with it more quickly, but if we think it will take longer we will let you know.
You can contact us in whichever way is most convenient to you and we will respond to you via the same method unless instructed otherwise. We are ready to help you over the phone, via email or mail.
From experience we have found that the best way to resolve a problem quickly is by telephone. This way we can make sure that we fully understand the issue and can gather all of the information that we need to resolve the problem in a fast and effective way. In more complex situations where an immediate response is not possible, we will investigate the matter and get back to you as quickly as we can.
We will always treat you with respect, listen to what you say, keep you informed about our progress, provide you will a prompt response and tell you who to go to if you want to escalate your complaint further.
However, there are instances where we may choose not to respond to a complaint, due to our limited resources. These include but are not limited to:
- When a complaint is about something that NZF has no direct connection to. We may choose to reply to clear our name but we are not obliged to.
- When someone unreasonably pursues a complaint that we have already responded to. They will be told how to escalate the matter but we may choose not to reply again, we will always inform you of our decision to do this.
- When a complainant is being obviously abusive, prejudiced or offensive in their manner.
- When a complainant is harassing a staff member.
- When a complaint is incoherent or illegible.
- We cannot respond to complaints made anonymously. However, we will investigate the complaint and use the information to improve in any way that we can.
If you are still not satisfied:
NZF is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) and is committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice. If your complaint is to do with
fundraising and you feel that it has not been resolved by us then the FRSB can investigate your complaint.
You must contact them within two months of receiving your response from us.
Fundraising Standards Board
65 Brushfield Street
Tel: 0845 402 5442
Alternatively if your complaint is related to another area of our work and you do not feel completely satisfied by our response then you can contact The Charity Commission at the address below.
The Charity Commission
PO Box 1227
0845 3000 218