We are hiring!
JOB DESCRIPTION: ZAKAT ASSISTANT (Nationwide)
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 16th April 2017
Post title: Ramadan Zakat Assistant (Nationwide).
Reporting to: Community Relations Officer
Location: London, Birmingham or Manchester (but maybe asked to travel across region)
Hours: Part-Time, Fixed Term.
Provisional interview date: w/c Monday 17th April 2017
Job Purpose: The National Zakat Foundation has established itself as the premier Zakat institution for UK Muslims. The role of a Zakat Assistant is an exciting one that combines elements of stakeholder management, volunteer coordination and project management.
You will be the responsible for facilitating Zakat workshops at Mosques and Islamic Institutions. Working alongside the Community Relations Officer, you will be responsible for managing requests from stakeholders, liaising between trainers as well as marketing events and workshops. You will be the main point of contact at the Zakat Centre, providing information relating to the services provided by NZF. You will assist the team to deliver NZF’s national vision, namely for every individual who should be paying Zakat to pay it accurately and for every person who is an eligible recipient to be supported.
- To manage bookings and delivery of Zakat workshops.
- To support the Community Relations Officer to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the community.
- To assist at Zakat Workshops, as and when needed.
- To establish awareness of NZF’s Zakat distribution service as well as referral routes so that Zakat recipients can be connected with NZF’s application process. To establish awareness amongst Zakat payers of NZF’s Zakat education, calculation and collection services. To facilitate Zakat Services within the Zakat Centre.
- To promote NZF’s services within the community.
- To recruit and coordinate a local volunteer team to help achieve key objectives.
- To contribute to, and participate in NZF team meetings, planning and developments.
- To provide necessary information in a timely manner and contribute to the sharing of ideas within NZF.
- To manage your own work and deliver to deadlines in a high pressured environment.
- To work in line with policies on equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice.
- To promote the work and activities of NZF.
- To safeguard the good name and values of National Zakat Foundation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in local community work, volunteer management or similar fields.
- Good understanding, knowledge and relationships with a cross section of the Muslim community in your area.
- Ability to communicate with individuals, businesses, professional networks, mosques and organisations/institutions.
- Ability to project manage and coordinate activities and events.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak confidently in public.
- Good planning, reporting and organisational skills.
- Good IT skills. An effective team player.
- Flexible and positive approach.
- A keen interest in Islam and foundational knowledge of Zakat and its rulings.
- Existing relationships and experience in dealing with the business community, professionals and small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
- The ability to communicate in one or more of the following languages: Arabic, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu.
Being able to travel extensively in your local and surrounding areas in private transport is an essential part of this role with occasional travel to other UK regions. The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and its overall objectives.
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 16th April 2017. The CV should not exceed 2 sides of A4. The cover letter should also not exceed 2 sides of A4 and should include the names, email addresses and phone numbers of two referees.
Share this article: