Volunteers needed for the London Zakat Centre
Job Title: Volunteer Admin
Commitment: Minimum 2 weekdays per week for 3 months
Hours: 10am-6pm (some flexibility)
Location: Zakat Centre, Whitechapel, London
JOB DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER ADMIN
PURPOSE OF THE POST To provide comprehensive and confidential administrative support to the Zakat distribution team within National Zakat Foundation. To act as a filter for callers and communication link between the recipients and assesors. To carry out a variety of tasks related to the process of applicants applying for financial assistance as well as task related to the distribution of funds. To provide high standards of customer care and ensuring at all times we provide a highly courteous, empathetic, and efficient image of National Zakat Foundation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To carry out all duties in accordance with a high standard of customer care and adhering to the National Zakat Foundation’s Mission and Values.
2. Handle telephone calls from people in relation to the application function, taking any appropriate action.
3. Responding to any emergency calls and requests sensitively and empathetically, taking appropriate action to ensure these requests are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the emergency caseworker team.
4. Managing the applications mailbox, acknowledging and responding to queries and requests per set procedures and standards.
5. To record all new applications received on the distribution database, accurately as well as making sure all necessary supporting paperwork is received to ensure that the caseworkers can deal with the applications’ process without any delay.
6. Aiding caseworkers with any admin related tasks to meet the needs of the
7. Ensure that a confidential and sensitive approach to work is undertaken at all times.
8. Undertake other duties and tasks as and when requested by the Head of SZR and Senior Caseworkers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Excellent communications skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with a wide range of people. Ability to deal with telephone enquiries and requests and determine appropriate course of action.
Ability to communicate and engage with people from a variety of backgrounds, languages and cultures. Ability to understand and interpret information related to individual applicant cases which could encompass a range of particular communication and other needs. Ability to be non-judgemental and deal empathetically with clients as well as confident and assertive when dealing with difficult applicants. Good organisational skills, with ability to prioritise workload. Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office software packages and the ability to pick up new IT systems quickly.
Has basic knowledge of Zakat.
Language skills desirable –Ideally Bengali, Urdu or Arabic.
How to apply:
Please submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this article: