|Amongst the highlights from 2017 are the following:
- £3.6m of Zakat distributed to 3,728 recipients; almost £8m [8,226 recipients] since inception.
- Worked at the forefront of the response to the Grenfell Tower tragedy, issuing cash grants to both Muslims (£128,000 Zakat) and other residents/families affected (£44,000 Sadaqah).
- Selected by the Evening Standard’s Dispossessed Fund to distribute a further £105,000 of cash grants.
- Grenfell Muslim Response Unit established to assist with the medium and long-term needs of survivors and transitioned to being operated by NZF.
- Pride of Britain award for Zain Miah, Project Manager of Grenfell Muslim Response Unit.
- Muslim Leaders Development Fund launched to support emerging leaders within the community in maximising the impact of their efforts.
- Over 10,000 Zakat payers entrusted their Zakat to NZF, adding up to Zakat income of £3.1m in the year, up from £2.5m in 2016.
- £700,000 of voluntary donations were received, up from £500,000 in 2016, which were critical in supporting the core costs of the organisation and helping us to expand our reach and service quality.
- Specialist guides launched for Zakat calculation on pensions and businesses.
• 200+ calculation workshops were delivered throughout the country, online and radio.