Introducing the people behind the National Zakat Foundation.
If you, or someone you know, is in need of help, please read the Am I Eligible to Apply? Section below to see if you should apply for support.
As of Monday 4th November 2019, we are only accepting applications for hardship grants from people in the following situations for the foreseeable future. Hardships grants are flat amounts for basic living costs based on family size.
- Asylum seekers who have been refused asylum in the last 2 months
- Asylum seekers who have been granted asylum in the last 2 months
- People who have escaped domestic violence in the last 2 months
- People who have lost their employment income in the last month
How does NZF’s Economic Empowerment Programme work?
NZF offers its beneficiaries a comprehensive package of financial support, combined with a network of partnerships to meet their needs. In this way, NZF’s aim is that beneficiaries will feel confident to support themselves financially within 6 months of our support.
If you have already received a grant from NZF, you cannot apply for the same support within 6 months of your last payment. If you have a different need from your previous application, you can make a new application.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be Muslim
- Live in the UK
- Demonstrate that your circumstances mean that you cannot, or will soon not be able to, finance your basic needs (food, clothing and accommodation)
- Declare all income and expenses, assets and debts
How much support can I expect to receive?
Our average grant is £750 per person. In some circumstances, beneficiaries may receive a maximum of £2500 with a 12-month period from their application. NZF also works with service providers, other charities and authorities to empower recipients in the best way possible.
What can I apply for?
What happens next?
If you have read the above information and believe that you are eligible for support, please fill in an application form, using the ‘Apply’ button above.
How Can I Give Feedback?
NZF is committed to providing a high-quality and fair service to all applicants, and your feedback is always welcome.
Please email email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond to your email in a timely manner.
Want to know more? Search our FAQ’s.