Want to know more? Search our FAQ’s.
"The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and those who collect them, and those
whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to free the captives and the debtors, and
for the cause of Allah, and (for) the wayfarers; a duty imposed by Allah. Allah
is All-Knowing, Wise." (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 9, Verse 60)
Please read the following guidance notes before completing this application form.
Eligibility Criteria for funding
The National Zakat Foundation primarily assists individuals that fall into the categories of the poor, needy and indebted who are resident in the UK. This may include some or all of the following:
- Individuals suffering from any sickness, disability or terminal illness, and where there has been a loss of income.Funeral expenses if a family is finding it difficult to meet costs
- Victims of domestic violence and/or sexual abuse who are fleeing from their partners and are in financial difficulty
- Older people who are restricted and isolated due to finance
- Individuals with no recourse to public funds
- Individuals suffering from any sickness, disability or terminal illness, and where there has been a loss of income
- Individuals whose income is not enough to meet basic needs
- Assistance and guidance for those who are in debt out of necessity, especially where they are incurring interest
- Assistance with rent payments and rent deposits if in arrears
- Funeral expenses if a family is finding it difficult to meet costs
- In exceptional circumstances for any urgent matters
What cannot be funded:
- Applicants who have received a grant in the last 3 months from National Zakat Foundation
- Gifts (including birthdays and festivals)
How much money can one apply for:This is dealt on a case-by-case basis and our form would need to be completed in order for further support to be provided. In exceptional circumstances, we may award emergency funds without a completed application forms.
Introducing the people behind the National Zakat Foundation