We are looking for new members of the team to support our growing Distribution team.
National Zakat Foundation is the UK’s first institution dedicated to offering an end to end Zakat experience, encompassing:
Education – Calculation – Collection – Distribution
The Services for Zakat Recipients team is the largest within the institution and is tasked with distributing Zakat, entrusted to NZF, within the UK.
NZF aims to distribute Zakat in a way which contributes towards nurturing God-conscious individuals who are positive contributors to wider society. The Caseworkers’ role is to analyse and steer applications to help us meet this goal.
CASEWORKER – London Zakat Centre
Location: Based in NZF office in East London
Term: 3 months minimum commitment required
Salary: Voluntary – Daily expenses will be covered
Reporting to:Volunteer Management Team
Pattern: Minimum 2 days a week from NZF office
Key skills and attributes:
• Ability to form positive working relationships with a wide range of applicants with different communication needs. This will include having the ability to try and understand the needs of applicants intellectually, culturally and emotionally.
• Ability to manage a complex case load covering a wide range of subjects.
• Excellent communications skills, which includes not only email but having clear, accurate case reports and any other documentation.
• Good personal planning and organisational skills. One will have to make phone calls, write case reports, discuss cases in panel meeting and meet applicants face to face occasionally.
• Good IT skills as well as having the ability to take excellent notes. This is important as one will be listening to applicants, noting down their needs and problems as this will establish trust and respect.
• An effective team player who contributes to decision making, asking questions to clarify other panel members ideas and decisions and be able to reflect on the discussions and views of the team.
• NZF is in particular looking for volunteers who can speak Arabic and Somali languages and having sound knowledge of the benefit system, housing issues , immigration and any legal matters.
Typical responsibilities will include:
• To provide assistance in the distribution of Zakat to applicants according to the service remit, code of practice and performance standards required.Conducting phone calls and face to face assessments in order to review their situation.
• To maintain accurate and appropriate records and data for the services provided.
• To participate in service development and stakeholder relationships as required.
• To provide logistical support on dealing with applications and recommending, making decisions and participating in panel meetings.
• Adherence to Data Protection regulations.
If you are interested in joining the Distribution team, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Ongoing
Benefits of becoming a volunteer Caseworker
Our volunteers are our Champions!
- Help alleviate poverty amongst Muslims in your community
- Revive a pillar of Islam
- Invest in your Hereafter
- Learn new skills and gain new experiences
- Meet new people