Zakat Expert

Q: Please help me by suggesting whether Zakat will be permissible to someone who wants to go for higher studies in a foreign land and his father’s only earning is a flat which has been rented out and they live in a relatives’ house. JazakAllah.

A: If that person has net wealth below the Nisab (approx £260) or is in debt with a net that takes him below the Nisab, he may receive Zakat funds.

And Allah knows best


Approved by Mufti Amjad 12th August 2023

Was this article helpful?

Helping you bring Zakat
to life where you live.