The National Zakat Foundation provides financial support and strategic advice for individuals and families in need across the UK.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our distribution team as a caseworker. The successful candidate will demonstrate a breadth of knowledge and skills and a strong commitment to the values and vision of National Zakat Foundation: a pious, confident, selfless and self-sufficient UK Muslim community, where no individual in need is left abandoned.
Please see the full Job Description below for more information and details on how to submit your application.
CASEWORKER JOB DESCRIPTION
Location: Based in NZF offices in Whitechapel (London)
Term: 3 months minimum commitment required
Salary: Voluntary – daily expenses will be covered: lunch and travel.
Reporting to: Head of Zakat Distribution
Pattern: London – flexible working days (including evenings and weekends)
Key skills and attributes:
– Ability to form positive working relationships within boundaries with a wide range of applicants with a range of particular communication and other needs.
– Ability to manage a complex caseload covering a wide range of subjects.
– Excellent communications skills, able to communicate sensitively and empathetically.
– Good personal planning and organisational skills.
– Good IT skills.
– An effective team player.
– Flexible positive approach.
– The successful applicant may need to work some unsocial hours.
Typical responsibilities will include:
– Making an assessment of a client’s situation by phone, face to face or through an application form.
– Answering questions and giving advice on social security welfare benefits or signposting to other agencies if appropriate.
– Conducting an assessment over the telephone, or by email
– Writing case reports.
– Writing letters or making phone calls on behalf of applicants to professionals or other government departments.
– Keeping confidential records safely and securely, be well organised and able to keep records and use the computer.
– Have an up-to-date knowledge of the benefits and tax credits system.
– Get on well with people from a variety of backgrounds, languages and cultures.
– Be non-judgemental and deal empathetically with clients.
– Work well as a member of a team.
– To provide assistance in the distribution of Zakat to applicants according to the service remit, code of practice and performance standards required.
– To participate in service development and stakeholder relationships as required.
– Adherence to Data Protection regulations.
If you are interested in joining the Distribution team then please send your CV to Asif Bhayat at [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Ongoing.