Post title: Head of Fundraising, London. (Full-time role)
Head Office location: Wembley. Flexible working arrangements can be agreed.
Interview date: Monday 24th March 2014
Anticipated start date: April 2014
To coordinate and maximise the collection of Zakat (as well as voluntary funds) in London and surrounding areas to an agreed remit and performance standards, for the purpose of distribution to eligible recipients within the UK.
• To coordinate and maximise the Zakat income of NZF from those liable to pay Zakat in London, as well as servicing Zakat payers with educational and calculation support
• To maintain accurate and appropriate records and data for the services provided
• To participate in service development and stakeholder relationships as required
• All of the above to be done in line with agreed activities, outcomes and measures from the NZF Zakat Collection Strategy
• To build and develop relationships with potential Zakat donors who will include (but are not restricted to), individuals, businesses, professional networks, mosque congregations and organisations/institutions, by communicating regularly and appropriately, in person or otherwise
• To utilise and collaborate with key individuals, professional networks, mosques and organisations/institutions to service Zakat donors within their reach
• To plan, resource (recruit volunteers), coordinate and deliver activities and events as a way of being able to service Zakat collection within the London Muslim community
• To contribute to, and participate in NZF team meetings, planning and developments
• To provide necessary information in a timely manner and contribute to the sharing of ideas and information within NZF
• To manage your own work and deliver to deadlines in a high pressured environment
• To work in line with policies on equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice
• To promote the work and activities of NZF at various events
• To be committed to personal development, actively contributing to supervisions, appraisals and training as well as development opportunities in accordance with individual and organisational need
• To safeguard the good name and values of National Zakat Foundation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Good understanding, knowledge and relationships with a cross section of the London Muslim community
• Ability to communicate and build relationships with individuals, businesses, professional networks, mosques and organisations/institutions
• Ability to project manage and coordinate activities and events
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak confidently in public
• Good planning, reporting and organisational skills
• Good IT skills
• Be able to supervise, direct and manage volunteers
• An effective team player
• Flexible and positive approach
• Experience of working in the Muslim community, especially with charities and mosques
• A keen interest in Islam and foundational knowledge of Zakat and its rulings
• Experience of working in a fundraising role within the charity sector
• Good relationships and experience in dealing with the London business community, professionals and Small to Medium Sized enterprises (SMEs)
• The ability to communicate in one or more of the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu
Please note: Being able to travel in London and surrounding areas is an essential part of this role with occasional travel to other UK regions.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and its overall objectives.
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The CV should not exceed 2 sides of A4. The cover letter should also not exceed 2 sides of A4 and should include the names, email addresses and phone numbers of two referees.