National Zakat Foundation has teamed up with Lantern of Knowledge Educational Trust to provide grants for Zakat-eligible students to help make Higher Education in the UK more accessible. Current and new university students may apply for grants of up to £3,000 to go towards the payment of university fees.
The deadline for grant applications for the academic year 2015/16 is Thursday 30th July 2015. Download an application form here.
Please note the following criteria. Applicants must be:
• eligible to receive Zakat (to be assessed by our panel)
• a British citizen and resident
• aged 22 or under
• new undergraduate students (minimum fees £9,000 per year and not a re-take student) OR current undergraduate or postgraduate students (these applications will be assessed separately, according to financial need, academic attainment 2:1 and individual applicant circumstances).
• new students in receipt of a UCAS firm and insurance offer from a UK university
• predicted/awarded AAB at A level or equivalent (340 UCAS points) (desirable).
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
More about this project
Project Bloom launched in 2014, aims to further the educational attainment of disadvantaged young people. It hopes to provide means and opportunities for disadvantaged individuals enabling them to access and benefit from higher education. In addition, the project will simultaneously contribute in the development of such young people through the application of education so that they ripen into sincere servers of the community and the wider British society.
The long term vision and intended result is to nurture the vibrant young talent in our community and thereby creating a network of ethical, educated and responsible citizens of society. Thus it wishes to be a guiding companion for the youth in their educational pursuits, standing by them, from enrolment up to and beyond graduation.
Lantern of Knowledge Educational Trust www.lanternofknowledge.org.uk | www.jamia.co.uk