Job Title: Distribution Administrator
Responsible to: Head of Zakat Distribution/Senior Caseworkers
Location: Wembley, London
Closing date for applications: Friday 12th September 2014 – 5pm
Interview date: Thursday 18th and Friday 19th September 2014
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for the post.
JOB DESCRIPTION – DISTRIBUTION ADMINISTRATOR
PURPOSE OF THE POST
To provide comprehensive and confidential administrative support to the distribution team within National Zakat Foundation
To act as a filter for callers and communication link between the applicants and caseworkers.
To carry out a variety of tasks related to the process of applicants applying for financial assistance as well as task related to the distribution of funds.
To provide high standards of customer care and ensuring at all times we provide a highly courteous, empathetic, and efficient image of National Zakat Foundation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To carry out all duties in accordance with a high standard of customer care and adhering to the National Zakat Foundation’s mission and values.
2. Handle telephone calls from people in relation to the application function, taking any appropriate action.
3. Responding to any emergency calls and requests sensitively and empathetically, taking appropriate action to ensure these requests are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the emergency caseworker team.
4. Managing the applications mailbox, acknowledging and responding to queries and requests according to set procedures and standards.
5. To record all new applications received on the distribution database, accurately as well as making sure all necessary supporting paperwork is received to ensure that the caseworkers are able to deal with applications process without any delay.
6. Providing assistance to caseworkers with any admin related tasks to meet the needs of the applications process.
7. Making payments on behalf of the distribution team and assisting in providing the
distribution of zakat to applicants according to the service remit, code of practice and
performance standards required.
8. Ensure that a confidential and sensitive approach to work is undertaken at all times.
9. Undertake other duties and tasks as and when requested by the Head of Zakat Distribution and Senior Caseworkers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent communications skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
Ability to deal with telephone enquiries and requests and determine appropriate course of action.
Ability to communicate and engage with people from a variety of backgrounds, languages and cultures.
Ability to understand and interpret information related to individual applicant cases which could encompass a range of particular communication and other needs.
Ability to be non-judgemental and deal empathetically with clients as well as confident and assertive when dealing with difficult applicants.
Good organisational skills, with ability to prioritise workload.
Ability to work accurately and sometimes under pressure.
Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office software packages and the ability to pick up new IT systems quickly.
Has basic knowledge of Zakat.
Language skills desirable –Ideally Bengali, Urdu or Arabic.
Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
Flexible positive approach to work as on occasions there maybe a need to work during unsociable hours.
Commitment to customer care and adherence to data protection regulations.
CRB checked individuals preferable.
How to apply: Please send a CV to email@example.com with a supporting cover letter stating why you would be a suitable candidate for this post, demonstrating any relevant experience, skills and abilities that match the requirements for the post.