Minimum hours: 15 per week
Location: Home based
Start Date: Immediate
Internship duration: 2 months (commencing first week of June 2014)
Reporting to: Head of Zakat Collection
Reimbursement: Travel expenses only
Closing date: 6pm Friday 16th May 2014
National Zakat Foundation (NZF) is the only charity in the country providing an end-to-end Zakat service for the UK Muslim community. This encompasses Awareness, Education, Calculation, Collection and Distribution. Since our inception, we have collected over £1.5 million of Zakat for the purpose of local distribution.
The Zakat Collection Department within NZF takes care of all the needs of the Zakat payer, from educating them to helping them calculate and pay their Zakat in an accurate and timely manner.
An integral part of ensuring our vital work continues is by ensuring that every liable Zakat payer has the support and service required to calculate and pay their Zakat.
We are therefore looking for a driven Voluntary Intern who will provide operational support in achieving the objectives of the department. This is a unique opportunity for active individuals with an interest in Zakat and addressing poverty related issues within the community to join a young, vibrant and fast paced organisation determined to transform the lives of those in need right here in the UK.
This internship programme is tailor-made for individuals who are driven, not by a salary, but by their passion for addressing the most pressing needs of their community through the enablement of Zakat.
Principle Accountabilities include:
• Assisting the Zakat Collections team in practical implementation of agreed tasks which will ultimately lead to projects or initiatives coming to life.
• Conducting online and telephone research from amongst community groups and organisations and SME businesses.
• Assisting the team with the development of public campaigns to aid Zakat collection.
• Assisting managers with logistical support for training events and seminars.
• General ad hoc administrative responsibilities and assistance to the team.
Successful candidates must possess:
• A positive work ethic, a ‘can do’ attitude and embrace our vision.
• Advanced computer literacy skills (or an aptitude to learn new skills).
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Ability to think creatively and provide practical solutions to problems.
• An ability to take ownership and manage complex projects whilst working independently as well as collaboratively.
• Ability to present clear and concise information in oral and written communication.
• Ability to apply own initiative, work efficiently and effectively and meet deadlines.
• Basic knowledge and/or experience of the charity sector in the UK.
To apply for the above position, please email your C.V. (maximum 2 pages) and covering letter (maximum 1 page) setting out your interest and suitability for the role to: [email protected]