- Post title: Research & Grants Administrator
- Reporting to: Grants Manager
- Location: Wembley, however the applicant will primarily work from home
To work in all aspects of grant application sourcing and preparation with the fundraising
team of the National Zakat Foundation (NZF) to an agreed remit and performance standard.
Principle Accountabilities and Duties
– Identify and collate information on national and regional grant opportunities.
– Identify opportunities for long and short term collaboration between funding bodies and NZF.
– Match grant funding opportunities to NZF projects and requirements.
– Provide assistance to the grants manager according to the service remit, code of practice and required performance standards of NZF.
– Write up grant applications effectively and in a timely manner.
– To maintain accurate and appropriate records and data.
– To liaise and communicate with grant bodies and various NZF team members.
– To participate in service development and stakeholder relationships as required.
– To ensure the confidentiality of data is maintained at all times.
– To ensure the prompt completion of tasks to a high standard and in accordance with organisational policies and guidance.
– To provide necessary information in a timely manner and contribute to the sharing of information within NZF.
– Ability to manage your own work and deliver to deadlines in a high pressured
– Work to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice.
– Promoting the work and activities of NZF at various events.
– Be committed to own personal development, actively contributing to supervisions appraisals and training and development opportunities in accordance with own personal development plans and organisational need.
– To safeguard the good name and values of NZF and Mercy Mission.Personal
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The applicant is required to have a holistic approach to challenges and should be able to adapt and respond effectively and efficiently to the dynamically changing environment of national and regional funding opportunities.
– Ability to manage a complex caseload covering a wide range of subjects.
– Excellent communications skills.
– Good personal planning and organisational skills.
– Good IT skills.
– An effective team player.
– Flexible and positive approach.
– The successful applicant may need to work some unsociable hours.
– Good knowledge of the benefits system.
– A keen interest in Islam and good knowledge of Zakat and its rulings.
– Knowledge of public and third sector organisations and processes.
– Experience of working in the Muslim community as well as with charities and
– Prior experience or training on seeking funding and applying for grants successfully would be highly regarded.
– Knowledge of Podio which will be used as the online workspace to collaborate
between NZF colleagues – find out more here.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Any expenses incurred as a result of NZF work will be reimbursed upon satisfactory submission of proof of receipt.
How to apply
To apply for this post, send your CV with a covering e-mail to
Deadline for applications: 08th October 2013 at 5pm